Memory loss can affect any of us at any time. As we age, memory care becomes even more critical.
If a Green Hills community member suffers from memory loss, then Memory Care at the Green Hills Health Care Center will provide the optimal service. We design programs geared toward stimulating the brain function and memory.
Our community members in Memory Care enjoy activities with Memory Care Partners in a safe and secure environment. Our goal is to inspire you and help you continue to live life to the fullest and to the best of your ability.
Memory Care Partners
Staff members from our Skilled Nursing Unit are specially trained in Memory Care and to offer special care for residents suffering from Alzheimer's, Dementia, and other memory loss or disorders.
As a resident and member of Green Hills, you and your family members will meet your partner on the day you arrive. Your Memory Partner will assess your needs and focus on building a close relationship with you and your family to learn more about your likes, dislikes, daily challenges, and goals.
From day one and throughout your stay in Memory Care, your care partner works with you so that you can receive the support and comfort you need at each level of your ability. As good friends, you and your Memory Care Partner may participate in an engaging activity like cooking, a game,adiscussion during a snack or meal, or even enjoy a walk in the garden or campus walking path.
At Green Hills, we do what it takes for you to be at your best. Our Memory Care Partners Program is just another way to show you how dedicated we are to you and our practice of Person-Directed Care.
Memory Care Features
- Secured exit and entry doors for resident safety
- Memory boxes and other visual identity reminders
- Private bathrooms with walk-in showers and safety bars
- 24-hour emergency response system in suites and bathrooms
- Licensed nurse on-duty 24/7
- Smoke-free community
- Smoke detectors and automatic fire sprinkler systems
- Tracking system for enhanced communication among staff and family members
- Three nutritious and delicious meals a day - approved by our registered dietician
- Medication assistance and management
- Assistance with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Supervised activities and events tailored to individual interests and abilities
- Customized care plans to maximize independence
- Secured and monitored outside garden
- Regular housekeeping and laundry services as needed
If you have questions about Memory Care, please contact us today. Our Skilled Nursing and other staff are always accessible to you.
We offer 24 hour assistance, 7 days a week to serve and support you and family members.