Preparing and following surgery, surgery, an illness or injury, or for ongoing pain, the professional therapists at Green Hills work closely with you, your family, and physicians to get you back to your regular routine as quickly as possible. Throughout pre-hab, rehabilitation, and during your return home, our staff remains in close contact with you to monitor your situation and health conditions.
Those needing inpatient short-term senior rehabilitation enjoy the comfortable accommodations of our Health Care Center. Outpatient rehabilitation is also available through our Medicare Part B outpatient therapy services in our Wellness Center.
In addition, we offer pre-hab services for those who are planning an elective procedure. Many people are familiar with post-surgery rehabilitation to restore physical strength and function. Pre-hab is done ahead of time to prepare a person physically and mentally for surgery, as well as promote a faster recovery.
Here at Green Hills, our Physical Therapist can work with you and your physician to identify physical deficits such as weakness, pain, and balance issues. You will work with the therapist to develop a plan of action to increase strength, balance, and range of motion. It is common for people to participate in pre-hab two to three times a week at Green Hills' therapy gym, wellness center and pool, with each session lasting 45 to 60 minutes.
- Our team consists of:
- Physical Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Speech Therapists
- Registered Dietitian(s)
- Licensed Nurses
- Social Services Coordinator
- We focus on:
- Stroke recovery
- Falls prevention
- Post-orthopedic surgery
- Ongoing pain (joint, neuromuscular)
- Speech (trouble swallowing, voice protection, cognition)
- Neurological conditions (ALS, Parkinson's, brain injuries)
- Low vision
- Aquatic therapy for weight-bearing concerns and pain control
Green Hills offers complimentary transportation from the hospital to Green Hills when pre-arranged, as well as to local medical appointments.
We encourage you to make yourself at home at Green Hills during your stay. Each private and semi-private room has a flat-screen television, telephone, free Wi-Fi, and safety features. In addition, we suggest you bring:
- What to bring for inpatient rehabilitation:
- Your insurance card(s)
- At least three changes of clothing (please mark clothing laundered at Green Hills)
- Pajamas and undergarments
- Socks and slippers
- Denture care products, if applicable
- Personal care items such as deodorant, toothbrush, hair products
- Eyeglasses and/or hearing aids, if applicable
- Shaving supplies
Because you'll be focused on your rehabilitation, it's best to leave your valuables at home for safekeeping.
To ensure that you feel confident to resume your everyday tasks, Green Hills therapists will conduct a home assessment with you prior to your return to your home. It's all part of our "Promise to Care"--providing you with the services and care you deserve.
Green Hills Rehabilitative Services are open to the public as well as residents of Green Hills. We accept Medicare, many Medicare replacement plans, and most other insurance plans. Independent living, assisted living, skilled nursing, memory care, and home health services are also available.
To learn more, please call our admission line at (515) 357-5399.
Medicare? Of Course We Accept!
The Green Hills Health Care Center is a Medicare-certified Skilled Nursing facility. Contact us at 515-357-5000 to verify your insurance benefits.
Medicare Part A pays for approximately 80% of your Medicare-approved services. Your supplemental insurance helps with the other 20%. Often, there is a remaining co-payment required.
Please refer to the Medicare and You Handbook for more details. For more information on Medicare and details about your coverage, be sure to contact your insurance provider.
Long-Term Care Insurance - What You Need to Know
Why wait to start thinking about long-term care insurance?
Waiting may prove to be an expensive choice. Long-Term Care insurance coverage provided by a given policy may vary in cost from one company to another. But for services, most offer coverage for home health, assisted living, and long-term care.
At Green Hills, we accept Medicare, many Medicare replacement plans, and most other insurance plans for long-term care.
For Your Health - A Holistic Approach
We cannot stress enough our commitment to caring for and about you. This is why we are so deliberate in our methods.
Green Hills Health Care Center strives to leave no stone unturned when it comes to your personal health. We use a holistic approach in our health care practices to safeguard your well-being.
To ensure that you get the attention and responsiveness you deserve, we use the right combination of services in the finest facility, employ the best people with the right set of skills, and make our services and resources available to you all day, every day.